Image Map

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday Linky Party and HUGE TPT Sale


I'm joining up with Amy Abbott today, along with my other music teacher blogger friends to share exciting news with you!!!  Starting TOMORROW, Teachers Pay Teachers will be celebrating 3 million strong by offering up to 28% off.
My entire store will be 20% off, and using the code above, TPT3, you'll get an additional percentage off from TPT. Tomorrow and Friday are your days to stock up!

For this linky party, we can blog about some items from our own stores, one music item on our wishlist, and another item on our wishlist. Here's a few things I'm excited about!

I've just finished two children's literature cross-curricular sets that I'm psyched about and have been hearing great feedback from.

The first one is a set to go along with the folk story, "The Mitten." 



Songs are created using sol, mi, and la (and a do to finish the melody).  Each time a new character/animal enters the mitten, their song is added to the list, making this an add on song.  There are slides with just the text to the songs, with solfege in a pictoral way, and with the actual dictated melody.  Recordings of the songs are also included for non-music teachers to take a try at this, if they dare to do so:-)  Suggestions for Orff incorporation also come along with the set.

The second cross-curricular children's lit set I just finished goes along with The Hungry Caterpillar.  This rhythmic ostinato set adds a measure long speech and rhythm ostinato for each day of the week's dining selection.  Suggestions for final performance and an ensemble are included as well.  Quarter and Eighth note rhythms are used.


A music item in my cart right now that I'll be hopefully snagging up during the big sale is Sara Bibee's George and Ira Gershwin composer of the month pack.  I'm trying to purchase a composer for each month for next year and I love how visually pleasing and academically packed her composer bulletin board sets are. 

The clip art in my cart is so immense, that I may need to take out a loan :-)  One thing I plan on purchasing during this sale is this set of lightening bugs.  They are screaming to be made into a bulletin board set for you all!  Creative Clips has some great stuff to share (including the sale promo banner above!  Thanks!)
Comment below and let me know what you are excited to purchase!  I'd love to hear what this sale is going to bring to your classroom!



No comments:

Post a Comment