Image Map

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Another New Song Tale I Love

John Feirabend was one of the first people to introduce me to the concept of Song Tales (picture books or songs that tell a story with music).  During his first steps in music training, I learned of his suggestion to end every class with a song tale.  Since taking this class with him, I have done this with all my first grade classes with great success.

John has his own line of picture book Song Tales that I adore.  I've highlighted some of them on my blog before.  What is so neat about them is that he offers an annual contest to illustration/art students at Hartt where he teaches.  The winner is published.  When you are purchasing his books, you are helping a new illustrator get their start.


I own EVERY book in this collection.  I am very excited about the newest edition, "There's a Hole in my Bucket."  The pictures are beautiful and so very elementary appropriate.  If you don't already own the Feirabend recordings, you can also download a quality recording of the book online for FREE. 

Hope you find this gem to be of great use in your classroom as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment