Image Map

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Note Reading Treasure Hunt


I had seen this picture on pintrest, which sparked the following weekend project.  I thought it was a great idea, and I tweaked it for my students and to expand the possibilities.  
I purchased Voss Water bottles.  They were on sale for $1.00 at Giant this week.  It was meant to be :-) 

At Michaels, I found this craft bead mix.  The cool thing about it is that there are shaped beads.  Stars, elephants, dogs, hearts, etc.  This helped me take this project to the next level.

After enjoying my tasty Voss water, I washed the bottle and removed the stickers.
I made the hidden music note slips.  These are in the kit for this project on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.

I added the bead mix and the papers to the bottle, trying to spread out the location of the note tracker slips.

I added the fun label and using packing tape, sealed the bottle shut.  I then attempted to shake the bottle around to find the notes.  It will be a fun task for the kids.  It is not easy to find all of the notes right away. 



I am going to use these as part of my recorder centers.  While some students are working on the Note Reading Treasure Hunt, others will be using the Joytunes iPad  app, others will be testing or working in a small group with me, while others learn a non-recorder karate song as a group.  I love how these turned out!

Like my slips, signs, etc.?  Buy the kit on my TPT Store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Music-Note-Reading-Treasure-Hunt-Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment