Image Map

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Time Signature Practice

It's the time of year where I introduce my second graders to bar lines, measures, and time signatures.  We have been practicing as a class on the Smart Board, but I wanted a way for them to independently practice this week, but also wanted to assess their practice. 

I created a worksheet that mimicks what we have been doing as a class on the Smart Board.  Students look at the rhythm example, determine how many beats are in each measure, and then assign the corresponding time signature.  Since this is second graders, I have them write a quarter note instead of the number four on the bottom, since it simplifies the difficult theoretical concept of writing a four below the number of beats/measure.



Download this quick and easy assessment tool today!   

No comments:

Post a Comment