Image Map

Thursday, April 11, 2013

New Picture Book in my Repertoire: Coat of Many Colors



I was looking for a picture book from my library to end this week's first grade classes with.  I almost always end my 1st grade music classes with a picture book song to calm everyone down from the moving, shaking, singing, and playing we have been doing.  They love it and look forward to which song tale they will hear each class.

I found a book I've had on my shelf, but never used.  It is called "Coat of Many Colors" by Dolly Parton and Judith Sutton.  The song by the same title is available for download on iTunes.

The message of the song is beautiful!  It talks about being rich in love and family, not in material things.  I can't wait to share it with my little tikes tomorrow!  Enjoy this gem!


No comments:

Post a Comment